Apply to have your city recognized as a 2015 Playful City USA community!
Playful City USA is a national recognition program that honors cities and towns across the country for taking bold steps that make it easy for all kids to get the balanced and active play they need to thrive. These communities are recognized for their efforts to create more playable, family-friendly cities.
Playful City USA communities are making play part of the solution that moves the needle on city-wide challenges and, in turn, developing a competitive advantage that attracts and retains businesses and residents.
Cities that earn the Playful City USA designation receive access to the following benefits:
- Two Playful City USA highway road signs
- Marketing activation kit that includes press releases, a social media plan, and marketing materials to support national recognition and increase awareness
- Webinars and networking events for grasstops and grassroots advocates to share and learn about innovative solutions for play
- Exclusive access to Policy Map, an online tool that enables cities to leverage up-to-date city data that can be used in combination with KaBOOM! playspace mapping data
- Access to grants offered by KaBOOM! that support increasing opportunities for play
- Increased stature and competitive advantage for state and national grant opportunities
- Access to GIS methodology and data consultant services for play related projects
Start your application today and submit a draft by March 6th to receive feedback before final the final submission deadline on March 27th.